How to update a fork in Github
This set of instructions shows not only how to update the fork but also how to push it back to the origin so it will be updated in Github.
- Clone from origin: $ git clone https://github.com/MyName/processing-glvideo.git
- Check the remote branches with $ git remote -v
- Type the following to get the upstream $ git remote add upstream https://github.com/gohai/processing-glvideo.git
- Check if it worked $ git remote -v
If it worked in addition to the origin you should see the upstream.
- $ git fetch upstream
- $ git checkout <branchname that you want to push>
- $ git push -u origin <branchname>
Categories: Processing video library - Summer 2016